Header

  • Villa House – 1890 (#28) Historic Building

    The home of one of Wickenburg’s Hispanic pioneer families. The sketch shows the original copper tile roof and double-thick adobe brick walls. SW Corner of Tegner Street and Yavapai St.

  • Hyder’s Livery Stable – 1890 (#6) Historic Building

    This rock wall building was used as a livery stable until the 1920s. The buildings behind the stable and those facing Tegner Street were all built by Mr. Charles Hyder and still stand behind their modern fronts. As cars replaced horses, the livery stable and the corner building became a garage and dealership. Note the angle of the corner building’s entrance where there were gas pumps. The building which now houses several stores on Tegner Street was originally a black- smith shop: see red brick wall at rear.

  • Old Town Hall and Jail – 1909 (#29) Historic Building | National Historic Register

    This brick building has served many purposes: a county building, city hall, jail, fireman’s hall, and senior citizen center. The jail bars have been removed. (Adjacent to Town of Wickenburg Complex)

  • Garcia School – 1905 (#30) Historic Building | National Historic Register

    This red brick schoolhouse replaced the wooden school on this land donated by Dõn Ygnacio Garcia. It was restored and opened as a bank in 1984. The Wickenburg Children’s Cultural Organization inherited the building in 2003.

  • Miner Leading Donkey (#27) Sculpture

    Located on west side of North Tegner Street in front of Danny’s Jewelry. This bronze depicts the importance of early mining in the area.

  • Henry Wickenburg (#26) Scuplture

    Town namesake Henry Wickenburg discovered the Vulture Mine, where over $30 million in gold has been dug from the ground. He was the prospector and farmer who sold or donated much of the land where Wickenburg is now located. He was born in Holsterhausen, Essen, Germany. Clyde “Ross” Morgan created the bust.

  • Felon & Jail Tree (#13 and 14) Scuplture and Attraction

    The Jail Tree is a 200 year-old mesquite tree that once served as the town jail. From 1863 to 1890 outlaws were chained to this tree – escapees were unknown.